Unix Support
 X-Win32
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smoski

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  2:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting an X-Win32 error stating that our campus license expired yesterday, and that we need a new license key. Does the key need to be updated on a machine-by-machine basis, or is it handled centrally? What should we do to get it working again?

Thanks!

francis.favorini
Forum Admin

USA
618 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  3:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit francis.favorini's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, we had no advance warning about the license expiration. Duke has a site license for X-Win32, but they are currently unable to give us a new license key for the version we are using. Consequently, we will be upgrading to the newest version. We are testing it right now and expect to roll it out in the next couple of days.

IT Director, Brain Imaging and Analysis Center
Go to Top of Page

francis.favorini
Forum Admin

USA
618 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  4:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit francis.favorini's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, there are a few problems with the newest version, so that is on hold for now. In the mean time, they finally got us a working key for the old version. All machines should be updated shortly.

-Francis

IT Director, Brain Imaging and Analysis Center
Go to Top of Page

smoski

16 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  2:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like the upgrade to version 9.1 went through, yes?

I'm having a little trouble configuring the new version. I added localhost as an allowed host, and tried to follow the directions outlined here:

http://fourier.biac.duke.edu/wiki/doku.php/biac:display_graphics:setting_up_a_dummy_x-win32_session

It now gives an error with "dummy" as a host. It will take "localhost" as a host. Is that correct?

After a period of use, FSLView now gives me errors in Meehl and won't let me access the menu bars ("X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3"), which it did not do before the upgrade. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

petty
BIAC Staff

USA
453 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  2:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you need to open X-Config ... select the "wizard", name= anything you want, type="ssh", host= a machine (ie: einstein.biac.duke.edu), your login/pass, command="linux" ... then Launch the window.

edit: and with this you won't use F-Secure SSH any longer

Edited by - petty on Apr 21 2008 2:40:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoski

16 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  12:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this set of directions still accurate? I'm using Remote Desktop to get to a BIAC computer (Lashley), then trying to access Meehl using X-Win32. It had been working until recently. I now get the error "The remote host is on a restricted network" when trying to start a Meehl session. Any suggestions?

Go to Top of Page

petty
BIAC Staff

USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  2:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you trying to get to meehl by IP .. because the IP did change when we moved.
Go to Top of Page

smoski

16 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  2:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have it listed as meehl.dhe.duke.edu in XWin32?
Go to Top of Page

josh.bizzell
BIAC Staff

USA
118 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  5:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having the same problems accessing any machine on the PHI network using the X-Win32 ssh client from my machine (also on the PHI network). However, I was able to connect from my machine to those PHI machines using the F-Secure SSH Client. I'll look into the problem with X-Win32, but for now, could you just use F-Secure?

-Josh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BIAC Forums © 2000-2010 Brain Imaging and Analysis Center Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000