New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wang
BIAC Faculty

USA
57 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  07:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

When I use 'nedit' to edit a text, I got an error message since last Friday: "X connection to localhost:13.0 broken (explicit kill or server shut down)"

Is there something wrong with golgi connection? Thanks.

lihong

petty
BIAC Staff

USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  08:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that just means your X client has died ... you just need to start another Xwin32
Go to Top of Page

vinod
Average Member

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  09:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit vinod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like this is a BIAC wide problem. I cant open any X windows too and its not a simple starting xwin32 problem. Is golgi's temp directory full again?
Go to Top of Page

petty
BIAC Staff

USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  09:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry you're correct ... however if you ssh -X in from another linux machine you can open X windows.
Go to Top of Page

vinod
Average Member

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  09:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit vinod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This was from an earlier post on related problem (if it helps people debug quickly)

"The best guess comes from Jimmy, who noted that the /home partition on golgi was 100% full yesterday, which prevented the creation of some files that ssh uses to authenticate the X11 tunneling. This problem never hit me, but I was just probably lucky."

Go to Top of Page

vinod
Average Member

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  09:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit vinod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its working again now (at least temporarily). Apparently, this problem was present over the weekend too with people having trouble with X connection.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BIAC Forums © 2000-2010 Brain Imaging and Analysis Center Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000