New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

adn13
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  8:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Iíve just recently begun collecting MRI data and am having difficulties setting up my office windows 10 desktop to connect to the cluster via SSH. I have installed X-Win32 (https://www.starnet.com/download/) getting a free license through duke on my machine. I then selected X-Win32 (Normal installation) and downloaded the installation software. I ran the software and now I have X-win32 18 as part of my startup menu. when I DoubleClick on this I get an x-win32 18 configuration window that has a connections tab, a window tab, network, input, font, and security tabs. In the connections tab I created a new connection that I called cluster. I put the host to be cluster.biac.duke.edu, login is my dhe id, and command is /usr/bin/xterm Ėls. In the advanced tab i have start new instance set to never (also had it set to always and it didn't make any difference) window mode current, port 22, keep alive 30 and delegate gss credentials checked. If I press test or launch on this connection a window asking for my password pops up. I put in the password, hit continue and an x-win32 18:0 window pops up. The options I have on this window are open log viewer, screenshot a window or the display, open x-config, activate a new license, show the about dialogue, check for updates, and exit. No ssh or terminal window opens up and none of those options seem to take me anywhere where I can interact with the cluster. Can you help with what I need to do next or what i am doing wrong to connect? I do have all the proper access since I can successfully connect at home through vpn on my mac but I need to be able to use my office computer for this as well.

thank you! andrada

petty
BIAC Staff

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  2:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like you have the correct defaults set ... check the logs to see if there are any obvious errors

alternatively, try putty
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BIAC Forums © 2000-2010 Brain Imaging and Analysis Center Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000