- 9/1/2006BIAC has been awarded $6.4 million by the National Institute of
Neurological Diseases and Stroke (NINDS) in its renewal of a five-year Program Project Grant "Human
Functional Brain Anatomy". Jointly led by Drs. Gregory McCarthy and Allen W. Song, this grant brings
together scientists from many departments at Duke University and the University of North Carolina,
Chapel Hill. The research projects investigate related issues in neurobiology and cognitive neuroscience
(led by Drs. Scott Huettel, Marty Woldorff, Kevin LaBar, and Gregory McCarthy), using newly developed
innovative imaging methodology (led by Dr. Allen Song) and analysis pipeline (led by Drs. Gregory
McCarthy and Jim Voyvodic).
- 9/1/2006BIAC investigator, Dr. Ian Dobbins receives an R01 Grant from
the NIH to study strategic retrieval processes using neuroimaging.
- 8/1/2006BIAC investigator, Dr. Rajendra Morey receives a K23 Grant from
the NIH to study the effects of PTSD on brain function.
- 7/1/2006BIAC investigators, Dr. Gregory McCarthy and Scott Huettel,
receive a grant from the NIH as part of a Conte Center renewal for "the Neuroscience of
- 6/14/2006BIAC investigator, Dr. Kevin Pelphrey receives a grant from the
National Alliance for Autism Research / Autism Speaks to study the longitudinal development of the
social brain in children with and without autism.
- 5/15/2006BIAC investigator, Dr. Allen Song receives a research grant
from the NSF for "Direct MRI of Neuroelectric Activity."